Doctor WHAT?! - Lyesmith

Pretty soon I'll run out of Doctor Who puns for my titles. But I'll burn that bridge when I get to it. (I think that's how that metaphor goes...)

It's been a while since my last Doctor Who update. A couple of reasons for that. These past few weeks have been rather hectic, but I'd be lying if I said something else hadn't distracted me.

What could possibly distract me from the TARDIS-y goodness of The Doctor?

Torchwood.


[caption id="attachment_165" align="alignleft" width="590"]Torch.Wood. TORCHWOOD.[/caption]


Captain Jack Harkness is quickly rising the ranks of my favorite Sci-Fi Captains and Scoundrels list. ("You're what?" Just wait. That's another post.)

When I started Torchwood, I was expecting more Doctor Who-esque television. Boy was I wrong. The language, the sexual content, the violence, the maturity level all the way around was cranked up. That being said, after I got over the initial shock, I loved it. Captain Jack is a great, fun character. The supporting cast takes some getting used to; they're not nearly as larger-than-life as Jack is, but they're not supposed to be either. So while in episode one, you're immediately invested in Jack's story (albeit, you did get to know him in Season 1 of Doctor Who, so he was familiar, but still. He'd stand out regardless.) you don't really care as much about the supporting cast. It takes a couple of episodes before they stop being just normal people. But I think that was intentional. They're supposed to be normal people thrust into this abnormal world and working for this flamboyant, flirtatious, and fiery personality that is Captain Jack Harkness.

torchwood14december2007_m



So! Now that I've finished the first Season of Torchwood, and the second Season of Doctor Who, I'm ready for what comes next. Rose is gone for good (or is she?!). Captain Jack has disappeared in a mysteriously TARDIS sounding kidnapping. I'm getting used to David Tennant as The Doctor. While I still prefer Christopher Eccleston's version best, Tennant is growing me, I'll admit. I'm not quite ready to call myself a Whovian just yet, but I am definitely a fan. I can't wait to see what's next!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORLD EXCLUSIVE Q&A w/ Creator of Browncoats: Independence War

Spider-Man vs Batman

SPOILERS: Review: Superman/WonderWoman #1 - Dexter #4 - Lyesmith