SPOILERS: Review: Black Science #1


Hey, Geeks and Geekettes! Here's another science-meets-fantasy review. Maybe I'm in a mood this week.


Black Science #1 comes to us from Image Comics
Writer: Rick Remender
Artist: Matteo Scalera


I wasn't sure about this book till the end. It did keep me entertained the entire time, but it seemed so dark. I wasn't sure this was one I'd want to revisit. The art was great, this strange world that we're immediately thrown into instantly pops. We follow Grant Ward, apparently a scientist, as he rushes to get back to his children and return them home. As the book progresses we find that Ward found a way to move between dimensions. He's troubled by how his obsession has ruined his marriage and personal life, but the only thing that matters to him now is getting is family home safely. He's chased by murderous fish-people into a temple occupied by electric-tongued frog people. 

I won't ruin too much of the story, but it's got a very odd Buck Rodgers meets Sliders kind of feel to it; to me anyway. I get the feeling the next issue won't quite be so dark - but every bit of dangerous and exciting. Very much looking forward to this series, it's a genre that I'm getting more and more into all the time. I'm hoping it leans more towards Buck Rodgers, Adam Strange, Star-Lord kind of stuff and gives us another exciting, if reluctant space-hero type character out of Grant Ward. 


Definitely pick this one up, I'm gonna give it...


3.5 out of 5 Half-Naked Fish Ladies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORLD EXCLUSIVE Q&A w/ Creator of Browncoats: Independence War

Spider-Man vs Batman

SPOILERS: Review: Superman/WonderWoman #1 - Dexter #4 - Lyesmith