SPOILERS: Review: Nova #7 - Lyesmith

Welcome back, Geeks! Now we've got our review for Nove #7, giving us our Marvel Cosmic fix. It's not Guardians of the Galaxy, but it's a nice appetizer to hold us over. Remember to check out the fanpage over at www.facebook.com/GeekinPodcast for news, pictures, assorted geekery, and soon to spotlight geeky freebies from across the internet!


   I don't normally share whole-pages from comics, but this was too good NOT to.


Nova7page1

Nova7page2


   And THERE'S all you need to know about this comic to decide if you want to pick it up. That's it. If that doesn't make you want to run out and buy this comic book, then I don't know what will. This is another FUN comic. It doesn't take itself too seriously. I usually hate teen superheroes, especially in their own titles. (Just wait for the next Young Avengers. I'll review that and get all KINDS of hate my way...) And I really didn't think I was going to enjoy Nova, but I really have.

   This issue kinds Nova trying to find his place in the super-hero world; and in the Marvel U, as in reality, his Mom was right all along, in issue #6. It had some really epic cameos, Octo-Spidey aside. There was a small cameo from non-other than my Lord and Master Joss Whedon, but there was an even bigger cameo by a couple of other superheroes that I won't spoil here. But it did get me excited for what the future holds for Nova.

   Next issue looks like an Infinity tie-in, and while I'm happy to see that Nova will be taking part on that, I'm kind of caught up in his current story. Infinity can wait a minute. Let's give him a home-town bad guy to tussle with. Let's explore what happens with those mystery-heroes from this issue. I really don't want this title to be thrown into a big event just yet. But I reserve judgement for issue 8. Definitely pick this one up. It's a keeper!


Check back later today for anything else that might inspire us to geek out! It's comic book Wednesday, ANYTHING could happen! This like like a weekly Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORLD EXCLUSIVE Q&A w/ Creator of Browncoats: Independence War

Spider-Man vs Batman

SPOILERS: Review: Superman/WonderWoman #1 - Dexter #4 - Lyesmith